Hi everyone,
I’m Mattie Nejati, a Ph.D. candidate at the University of Waterloo. I’m recruiting participants for a user study on understanding the impact of changes to CMake build specifications.
Since CMake is widely used in the ROS ecosystem, I thought developers in this community might be particularly interested in participating.
We are evaluating a new approach that aims to help developers identify how a modification to a CMake build specification affects the resulting build configuration.
The study is conducted entirely online, takes about one hour, and involves inspecting changes to CMake build specifications and identifying their impact.
You can participate if you:
-
are 18–64 years old; and
-
have any level of experience with CMake, programming, or code review.
You do not need to be a CMake expert. We are interested in participants with different levels of experience.
You will need a computer with internet access and approximately 4 GB of free space to download the files required for the tasks.
We will not collect your name. We will ask for your email address only for study follow-up. It will be stored separately from your study data using a randomly assigned ID, and your name or email will not appear in any dataset or publication.
The study has received clearance from the University of Waterloo Research Ethics Board (REB #46621).
If you’re interested, you can find the consent form, screening questionnaire, and study here:
Thank you very much for considering participating! I’d also really appreciate it if you shared the study with others who might be interested.