# OSRA TGC meeting minutes for April, 2025

**URL:** <https://discourse.openrobotics.org/t/osra-tgc-meeting-minutes-for-april-2025/44334>\
**Category:** OSRA Announcements and News\
**Tags:** osra-tgc\
**Created:** [June 17, 2025, 7:23am UTC](https://discourse.openrobotics.org/t/osra-tgc-meeting-minutes-for-april-2025/44334 "2025-06-17T07:23:12Z")\
**Posts on this page:** 1\
**Page:** 1

<div class="post-metadata">

**Author:** ![gbiggs](https://sea2.discourse-cdn.com/flex022/user_avatar/discourse.openrobotics.org/gbiggs/32/30361_2.png) [@gbiggs](https://discourse.openrobotics.org/u/gbiggs)\
**Post date:** [June 17, 2025, 7:23am UTC](https://discourse.openrobotics.org/t/osra-tgc-meeting-minutes-for-april-2025/44334/1 "2025-06-17T07:23:12Z")

</div>

Somewhat belatedly, the meeting minutes for the regular meeting of the Technical Governance Committee held on the 24th of April 2025, were approved in the May meeting and are now available in the official minutes repository. [You can find the official minutes here](https://github.com/openrobotics/technical_governance_committee_minutes/blob/main/20250424%20-%20TGC%20Meeting%20Minutes%20-%2024%20Apr%202025.pdf), as well as a Markdown version below. The PDF version is the official version.

The next TGC meeting will take place in late June, 2025. The minutes of the May meeting should be approved in that meeting and posted publicly shortly thereafter.

* * *

# **TECHNICAL GOVERNANCE COMMITTEE**

# **MEETING MINUTES**

* * *

## 24 APR 2025 / 15:00-16:30 UTC / VIRTUAL VIA ZOOM

# **ATTENDEES**

OSRF:

- Geoff Biggs (TGC Chair)
- Kat Scott (Developer Advocate)
- Ryan Gariepy (OSRF Board Member)
- Vanessa Yamzon Orsi (TGC Vice-Chair/Secretary)
- VM (Vicky) Brasseur (OSRA Governance Advisor)
- Yuki Nakagawa (OSRF Board Member)

OSRA Delegates/TGC Reps:

- Alejandro Cordero (ROS PMC Rep, Honu Robotics)
- Bence Magyar (ros-controls PMC Lead, Locus Robotics)
- Carlos Aguero, (Gazebo Lead Proxy, Honu Robotics)
- Clara Berendsen (Infrastructure PMC Rep, Ekumen)
- Christian Henkel (Gold Rep, Bosch)
- Daniel Gordon (Gold Rep, Huawei)
- David Lu!! (Individual Rep, Metro Robots)
- Hemal Shah (Platinum Rep, NVIDIA)
- Michael Carroll (ROS PMC Interim Lead, Intrinsic)
- Michael Grey (Open-RMF PMC Lead, Intrinsic)
- Michel Hidalgo (Silver Rep, Ekumen)
- Mirko Ferrati (Platinum Rep, Canonical)
- Steve Peters (Gazebo PMC Rep, Intrinsic)
- Steven! Ragnarok (Infrastructure PMC Lead, Intrinsic)
- Yadu Vijay (Open-RMF PMC Rep, Intrinsic)
- Zhaoyuan Cheng (Platinum Rep, Qualcomm)

OSRA Observers

- Adam Dabrowski (Org Rep, Robotec.ai)
- Nick Hehr (Org Rep, Viam)

**AGENDA**

Vanessa Orsi, TGC Vice-Chair, called the meeting to order at 15:05 on 24 Apr 2025 UTC.

## **Existing Business**

1. Confirmation of minutes of meeting TGC-20250327-Regular
  - **Approved by consensus**

2. Project reports
  - Project update: ROS

  - Project update: Gazebo

  - Project update: Open-RMF

  - Project update: ROS Controls

- Rolled out the first version of joint limit enforcement, next step is making this available for controller from the framework

- Adopt topic-based-ros2-control package and add 2 new committers -- this is a common boilerplate component for very low effort integration with isaacsim or mujoco for example (works only when the dynamics engine runtime is not too time critical wrt to control)

- Feedback on adoption: big companies with large robot numbers & picks or other metrics, working with companies (undisclosed) on guidance to open source their ros2\_control components

- Project update: Infrastructure

1. Other Existing Business Matters

**New Business**

- a. **Vice-Chair of the TGC** - it was clarified that Vanessa Orsi, CEO of Open Robotics and TGC Secretary will act as Vice-Chair of TGC meetings and proceedings. In the event that neither Geoff nor Vanessa are available, they will delegate someone from the OSRF team to act as TGC chair.

- b. **L-Turtle feature planning cycle** - presented by Michael Carroll, PMC Lead

- c. **Budget Requests -** Vanessa Orsi presented an overview of the funding procedures for the OSRA, including startup and steady-state timelines, OSRF budget approval process, PMC requisition guidelines and procedures, and TGC deliberation and allocation process.

**Other Items**

- Discussion on steps to increase community contributions
  - Success of targeted asks and promotions currently in place. PMCs have all seen an uptick in contributions from more community members.
  - Tracking/metrics

## **Adjournment** - Vanessa Orsi adjourned the meeting at 23:33 UTC.

# **ACTION ITEMS**

1. The meeting minutes will be circulated to the TGC for review and approval before the next meeting by the TGC Chair.

2. The TGC Chair will set up the Discourse threads for asynchronous communications.

3. The OSRF CEO will set up a meeting with the PMC Leads to discuss the OSRA funding requisition procedures further.
